Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Come Back For Seconds  


I grabbed this record whilst digging in Sacramento with my buddy from lazerfunk over the weekend. This record, still sealed was in a pile of MC Hammer 12"s and $10 Switched On Bach LPs on a lower shelf. I also got a couple of mint Aurra 12"s, some good jazz funk, and some Chi house heat. While I was down there I was crop dusted by some middle aged weirdo who was looking for a soundtrack to a movie that he couldn't remember. It was a nice and productive four day weekend that refused to be marred by all the wine and beer that went down my gullet. Not only did I get a grip of records for Beat Electric, I finally finished restoring my 1976 Bozak and it is sounding so smooth and punchy. I am going to have to put a booth together and record a mix!

This record seems to be pretty a rare 1984 release on Beverly Glen. This track mates this famous old gospel crooner's voice to disco strings and a sweet boogie bassline.

Johnnie Taylor - Seconds Of Your Love

Posted by Joel Brüt | 2 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Come Back For Seconds


  • December 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM  

    Random, shot in the dark question here. Tried asking BlackShaq but he was stumped.

    Do you know the name of this track? It goes "make it last, make it last, make it last yeah you and me baby."

    There's also another part which goes, "we can work it out, leave old situations in the past."

    It's a man vocalist and fairly upbeat.


  • December 17, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

    Congrats on the Bozak restore! I am looking forward to that mix.