Saturday, September 12, 2009

Starbox - Let's Rockett  


(I had to get rid of the video game, as we were hotlinking it from the good people at neave.com and it was causing the page to have trouble loading.)

I think I'm going to do a series of posts on records with 'Lets Rock' in the title. I think I can manage about four or five. It's usually a mark of quality I find.

Producer Rick Tarbox had a couple of act's which rhymed with his lastname, Hotbox and Starbox included, both of which are great electro funk acts. Starbox's Let's Rockett has a not uncommon space travel theme, so instead of a picture I'm including this Space Invaders game, put your mouse over and play it if you have some time to kill. This is the hard hitting instrumental version.

Posted by Black Shag | 4 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Starbox - Let's Rockett


  • September 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

    the people who invented that game also sell apple oem replacement space bars.


  • September 14, 2009 at 4:14 AM  

    I have been thinking about doing something similar too on my site deepanddusty.ning.com


  • September 14, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

    Too late


  • September 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

    I agree, anything with variations of rokkit in the title track or vocal refrain make the body move...and thanks for the spaceinvaders flash, I could not resist! The thrill of hitting the saucer as the pitch intensifies must have been hardwired into me when I was a seventies kiddy, it only seems like yesterday that I was robbing the plastic string from fly-mo's mowers and using them to slide down the slot into free credit shangrila! I wonder who came up with the actual space invader sounds? I shall investigate. Love the Blog, an island of originality in a blogsphere of the banal.