Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Midnight Express Danger Zone!  


Fresh from the Quad Cities (Rock Island, IL to be precise) circa 1983 comes The Midnight Express Show Band fronted by the one and only Robbie M. This track is the buzz amongst the network of heavy hitter 80's rare groove collectors at the moment and word has it that the boogie master out of D.C. is in the process of reissuing it via 12" single. For the time being you can purchase the ultra rare original 7" release. This is easily the most insane boogie track I have stumbled upon since Mid Air's East Out. More Boogie love from the Midwest! This recently unearthed video is like thriller on heavy doses of PCP.



Midnight Express - Danger Zone

Posted by Magnum | 6 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ Midnight Express Danger Zone!


  • June 11, 2008 at 3:42 AM  

    Nice track. It's a new one on me. I love my 80's boogie but have slept on buying any new stuff for the last couple of months as I've been more focussed on the rare disco. The video is cool too. Might have to buy a copy of this track.


  • June 11, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

    Nice track...Beat Electric is one of my favorite blogs. Thank you for all the dope tracks.


  • June 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

    good, but i like Ease Out better.


  • June 12, 2008 at 2:09 PM  

    omg what a nasty track! I've been playing it for the tenth time in a row now. thanks very much!


  • June 12, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

    If only this was the theme to Top Gun!


  • February 8, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

    It was extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

    Sincerely yours
    Darek Wish