Sunday, June 08, 2008

Cunga  



Roller Boogie was a 1979 movie that capitalised on the roller skating craze, I'm not going to comment on it much because I haven't seen it. Look it up on youtube if you are really interested, you will catch the drift.

I do own the soundtrack album though..

Roller Boogie's sound track was compiled and produced by Bob Esty, a key figure in mainstream disco, and the obvious link between the roller skating and disco phenomena led to a disco heavy score featuring tracks from the likes of Cher and Earth Wind & Fire. Yet amongst those are two of Bob Esty's own instrumental studio productions, the vocoder laden 'Elektronix' and the CBS charting abstract tropicalia instrumental Cunga. These two tracks flow into one another on the record and make a nice segway, but nobody sweats Elektronix (except me) so I'm posting Cunga.

Bob Esty - Cunga

Posted by Black Shag | 2 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Cunga


  • September 7, 2008 at 2:57 AM  

    I have seen Roller Boogie and it is truly an awful film with atrocious and painful acting throughout. Although I must say the roller skating scenes are enjoyable enough.


  • December 11, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

    Thanks for posting this. I've been looking for this track for years!!! ; )

    Best,
    Allan