Sunday, February 03, 2013

Disco Special  


 I picked this up yesterday from the bins of a record store in North Beach, not the place with the basement but the other one further up the street. I hadn't heard of it, it was without doubt euro disco, but I chanced it on the basis of the cover alone. When I got home I found that side A had a sped up medley of disco hits from that around that year, 1979, a little harsh, but on the flip there was a good cosmic instrumental. What a nice surprise.

 Turns out I'm a little late to the party on this one,  Discothèque's 'Disco Special' was re-issued as part of Morgan Geist's revival triggering Un Classics series in 2005, but it must have slipped by me at the time.

Discothèque -  Disco Special

Posted by Black Shag | 3 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



3 comments: to “ Disco Special


  • February 7, 2013 at 1:29 PM  

    Geist's version is cut in half into the mix, so i like your's much better.

    Thanks again for the great music
    kika


  • March 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM  

    Great track with a little bit of 'Night fever' in it. To be honest, I like the a-side ('Intro disco') as well. It reached #15 on the Dutch pop charts in 1979.


  • March 10, 2015 at 1:19 AM  

    There's also a nice Funk Ferret edit of this track. Check it out here: https://soundcloud.com/funkferret/disco-special-funk-ferret-edit