Monday, February 13, 2012

Don't need a crowd to have a party  


Here are a couple of jams I picked up in NYC. I have been looking for this Ragtyme record for years and was so glad to find it. Unfortunately, my hectic travel schedule put a slight warp in it but it plays OK on my Beogram. I grabbed a bunch of nice early techno and house records in NYC; I don't think they don't know how good they have it over there.

Ragtyme was a project produced by Marshall Jefferson and represents soulful deep house at its best. There is plenty of smooth with lots of edge to keep it interesting. This 12" was mixed by Frankie Knuckles and features remixes by Lil Louis and Ron Hardy.

This 1988 tune by Innercity reworked by Derrick May is an early techno masterpiece. It was produced by Kevin Saunderson.

Ragtyme - I Can't Stay Away (Ron Hardy's Club Mix)
Innercity - Big Fun (Mayday Re-Edit)

Posted by Joel Brüt | 5 comments

Labels: , , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ Don't need a crowd to have a party


  • February 16, 2012 at 3:06 AM  

    I Love the "Ragtyme - I Cant stay..." Im from Denmark, and going to NY for the first time in a couple of months, can you recommend any great recordstores over there ? if its not all a secret :)
    Cheers


  • February 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM  

    Check out A1 records in Manhattan!


  • February 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM  

    love ragtyme. cheers.

    this one's a belter!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wolbqC8FAL8&feature=related


  • February 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM  

    Yep, that one is even harder to find


  • April 9, 2012 at 7:53 PM  

    This stuff is AMAZING!!! I can totally hear the birth of 90's dance music in both of these tracks. I had no idea the late 80's had stuff like this. WOW! Thank you for sharing these treasures. :-)