Sunday, October 04, 2009

Be Thankful For What You Got  


This picture is of Khalis Bayyan's living room. At least his living room in 1983. I'm not posting any of Khalis' or Kool And The Gang's tracks, I just like the picture. It looks like my mum and dad's living room in England, apart from with analogue synths in it.

San Francisco on the other hand is jumping this weekend, my neighborhood is locked down with the lovefest meth techno activities, the police put blockades up either end of my street, so I sort of feel trapped inside, alone with my records. These two were the highlight of my day, excuse the Craig Peyton record if it sounds a little warbly at the beginning, my copy has a slight warp the first inch or so. Would love to mint up on this one:

Posted by Beat Electric | 4 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Be Thankful For What You Got


  • October 5, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

    an early brit funk outfit from 81 i believe,always reminds me of blue rondo a la turk don't know why, nice tune loads of memories ,haven't heard it in zonks

    regards
    soulie


  • October 5, 2009 at 1:51 AM  

    Ha! I remember seeing Funkapolitan perform that on TOTP at the time

    You know that (now) famous Furniture Designer Tom Dixon was in Funkapolitan?, I think he was the lead singer...


  • October 5, 2009 at 3:01 AM  

    chris sullivan's band blue rondo a la turk,(under rated band tunes like Samba no pe, Me And Mr. Sanchez,and Klactoveesedstein.).not the Dave Brubeck number. Chris like myself are former valley boys.

    regards

    soulie

    ps

    as good or bad you might think they were,they owe tumps to other brit for runner funk outfits like hi tension,hudson people,olympic runners,mandrill,even the better stuff from the real thing (ie children of the ghetto)

    and HA, i saw all of them live except mandrill.


  • October 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM  

    Automan did a nice bootleg pressing of the Craig Peyton track a few years ago. http://www.discogs.com/Laid-Back-Craig-Peyton-Automan-1/release/41930