Monday, August 10, 2009

Feel Good, Party Time!  


I had been torturing myself for months and I couldn't take it anymore. I nearly poisoned my mind with that other cartridge I was using. Gladly, it is now poisoning someone else's mind in Audiogon land. All of my rips had been so dull sounding lately so I replaced that cart with a new shiny gold one with a boron cantilever.

This smooth as silk Billy Ocean track was produced by Nigel Martinez, a Brit from Leicester in 1981. Nigel holds the distintion of being the only Brit to ever produce a Motown track. Our own Kelley B Lived in his hometown for a year. The other track, from 1980 by J.R. Funk and The Love Machine is the instrumental B side of an annoying track full of James Brown vocal bits.

Billy Ocean - Night, Feel Like Getting Down
J.R. Funk and The Love Machine - Feel Good, Party Time

Posted by Joel Brüt | 2 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Feel Good, Party Time!


  • August 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM  

    This song by Billy Ocean, "Nights, FLGD...", is (with "Everlasting Love") my favorite track from that LP. It's pure Nigel Martinez ("Behind my back/Doin' it" by Underground on Sam Records). Thanks for your posts.


  • August 18, 2009 at 8:39 AM  

    YES! Billy Ocean's best work ever. I have to admit, I love it when people ask about this tune, and the look on their face when i tell them who it is. One of my favorite tunes to drop in. thanks for caring!