Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Happy Is The Only Way  


Admittedly, I have a very soft spot for mid 70's jazz/funk. Places and Spaces by Donald Byrd with the Mizell Brothers production team has been in my top five favorite LP's for a good ten years now. When I first heard this record several weeks ago, I was instantly brought back to the period of my life when I salivated over this kind of crap.

In his time, Patrick Adams produced many, many records of varying styles under a myriad of aliases. Sine was Adam's first of several collaborations with a very young label known as Prelude Records in 1977. Prelude was still trying to find its footing at this juncture basically hiring Adams to produce a jazzy cosmic record released under the guise of disco. Don't get me wrong, this album completely blows me away but only in the loosest terms would I categorize it as disco.

Armed with his signature 70's (see Cloud One) Arp 2600 synth sound, it feels as if Adams and co. wrote the entire record in the studio and jammed it out in a few sessions. The end result is a very raw yet cohesive LP.

This album cover absolutely kills me. Need a time machine now, damnit.

Sine - Chimi
Sine - Keep It Coming
Sine - Just Let Me Do My Thing

Posted by Magnum | 4 comments

Labels: , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Happy Is The Only Way


  • June 5, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

    Yeah, you keep posting those lovely covers, Michele was a treatment, but she's worth travelling back in time as well.

    Great tracks btw, it should be about that in the first place, hehe. =)

    Thx for the superb posts!


  • June 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

    After gazing for about 30 seconds between her legs, I have also concluded that happy is the only way.


  • June 16, 2009 at 2:03 AM  

    I couldn't have put it any better my friend!


  • October 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM  

    BlackSun(cz) say: yeah man album cover /woman is simply electric ! same feeling across planet to share emotions -more lucky than 20 years ago true ?