Sunday, March 08, 2009

Don't You Feel My Love?  


Often it is said that the days of the dollar bin 12" are a distant memory within the confines of San Francisco. A golden era, when Funk's ugly cousin was sought after by only a handful of 90's house scene burnouts and a few collectors in search of gay scene nostalgia, and now of course you have bandwagon riding assholes such as myself and others in the mix, sucking the cities crates dry in between trips to buy organic groceries and $4 espresso drinks. And in many way I a agree with that sentiment, but to the contrary of that line of thinking I pulled this out of an old box at a thrift store a while ago for a dollar USD and although not a grail, it is a coveted and slept on traditional Miami sound disco banger of the sort I hardly ever post.

Everything about the arrangement on this track works:

Posted by Black Shag | 4 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Don't You Feel My Love?


  • March 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM  

    Great find, Black Shag. These days, it truly is just shy of miraculous to purchase anything for $1 USD within the SF city limits.


  • March 10, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

    I feel the love!


  • March 17, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

    Not sure that I'm a '90s burnout but I have to say that right now I'm finding more killer dollar and thrift records than ever. A recent score was two sealed copies of "Love Your Groove" by Lyndon Bennet on Upscale, out of Dayton, Ohio. Me and James Glass have tripped on this one for years, and this is only the second time I've seen it, the first time was in '95 when I was winding down from over 10 years of boogie (or modern soul as I prefer to call it) collecting.

    This is a deep one and doesn't show up that often, if at all, but boom there it was in a thrift store in Daly City. Keep diggin!


  • April 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM  

    . you rock. thank you for loving music so much.