Monday, February 21, 2011

Doggie Boogie  


Here is a funky jam off a 1983 Strut Records 12" by Charles Earland. The drum programming reminds me of proto garage tunes from the same era. The vocal versions on this 12" are pretty weak, but I like this one up until the guitar and sax solos make it whack.

Also, I have a funky modern soul number from 1982 by Fredi Grace and Rhinestone I picked up in Sacramento a couple of weeks ago.

Charles Earland - (It's A) Doggie Boogie Baby (Instrumental)
Fredi Grace and Rhinestone - Help

Posted by Joel Brüt | 4 comments

Labels: , , , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Doggie Boogie


  • February 22, 2011 at 8:17 PM  

    where did you find that image? its just too much


  • February 22, 2011 at 8:47 PM  

    I got it somewhere on the internets. I have a couple more too. They were part of a Klipsch Calender from the 80's. It is all chicks posing in front of speakers; which is ironic because girls hate audio gear.


  • February 24, 2011 at 3:07 AM  

    I never knew you liked'Doggin'.
    Stan Colleymoore's a mate of yours is he, LOL.

    Regards


  • May 18, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

    the synth chords in 'help' sound very similar to rodney franklin's 'enuff is enuff.'