Monday, March 22, 2010

Uptempo  


The one theme of continuity between the two tracks that I'am posting today are that firstly, they were both in front of me as I had recently listened to them, and secondly they are both high energy dancers but from opposite disco epochs, 1977 for Bionic Boogie's 'Boogie Boo' and..well, I don't know when the DJ Peebo did his JDC released "U.S Remix" of German new wave pop band Boytronic's Bryllyant as it's not on the label, I'm guessing 1987. Maybe I'm clutching at straws for a thin connection between the two simply because I wanted to post more than one records and didn't want to think hard about it. Oh, wait, they both have lots of B's in their names and titles. That's good enough for me.

Posted by Black Shag | 4 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Uptempo


  • March 22, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

    Bionic Boogie...PROPER DISCO,WITH A HINT OR STAR CRUISER,GREAT TUNEAGE.

    REGARDS
    SOULIE.

    PS DOES ANY ONE HAVE A COPY TO POST OF - TARA SCHAFT (BLACK DIAMOND)- NEW YORK CITY DREAM, FROM 78


  • March 23, 2010 at 6:30 AM  

    isn't that boytronic a razormaid mix?


  • March 24, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

    Eclectro,South of England.
    Brilliant is at least 1988,as 'New Beat' the cocaine fuelled 'Euro Acid House' wasn't til 88/89.
    A very phase in music. Recommended listening 2 what new bear sounds like-'New Beat Megamix(white cover)-DJ PETER VRIENDS.


  • March 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM  

    um, no that Boytronic track was more summer of 87. trust me on this one...