Friday, September 04, 2009

Two Years  


I don't check our email nearly often enough, but I just came across a really cool note from a gentleman in the UK who has been a modern house DJ for 10 or so years. Long story short, the man had an epiphany between a party he went to and some of the content he found on our site. He is now on a serious mission to dig up old wax and start a new party in Brighton based on the classic sounds he is sifting through. Today is the two year anniversary of Beat Electric, and I must say it is messages such as this one that inspire us to continue curating this blog.

I received another recent email requesting we post the Instrumental Tee Scott mix of Music Turns Me On by Sparque, and in the spirit of the moment I am happy to oblige.

Also posted here is a lovely modern soul stepper from the very obscure Ohio outfit Satellite entitled You're The One I Love and a classic Ron Hardy Edit of Frankie Knuckles and Jamie Principles Your Love.

If you live in the Bay Area, come out and celebrate with us tonite at Amnesia in SF. A few members of the BE crew will be spinning the jams whilst pondering what the hell happened to the last couple of years.

Sparque - Music Turns Me On (Tee Scott Instrumental Mix)
Satellite - You're The One I Love
Jamie Principle - Your Love (Ron Hardy Edit)

Posted by Magnum | 17 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



17 comments: to “ Two Years


  • September 4, 2009 at 1:25 AM  

    the most sadly thing about Hardy and friends is that they will die before I can "give" them my love


  • September 4, 2009 at 7:38 AM  

    Hi guys, congrats on the 2 years. Came across this website about 5 months ago. Incredible website for those that like some boogie in their dance music. Keep up the good work. Any chance you could put up the John Morales mix of Hooked On Your Love by The Fantastic Aleems? Thanks, Matt, Ireland.


  • September 4, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

    Congratulations!!!2 years of great music & excellent quality.thx!!!!!


  • September 4, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

    Your Love is one of my favorite tunes of the era. So dark and sexy. Just like Mr. BT Magnum.


  • September 4, 2009 at 4:43 PM  

    happy anniversary beat electric!

    http://kennyconga.blogspot.com/


  • September 4, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

    Hi. Ron Hardy here. I have been keeping a low profile of late, but I wanted to give Beat Electric my congratulation on it's two year birthday and for generally jacking my style. good job.


  • September 4, 2009 at 5:13 PM  

    ah second time lucky,

    Deepest thanks,

    so many blogs out there but this is one is so essential.

    best regards from london


  • September 4, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

    Love this site, I come here everyday! Gives me new life. Also if the damn bridge wasnt closed id make it to Amnesia in a heartbeat!


  • September 4, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

    Take the golden gate, I am. Also, Bart runs 24 hours this weekend!


  • September 4, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

    oh man itll take me ages to reroute, plus cost me double toll, plus cant drink too much because of the longer drive, AAANNDD taking the BART and Muni whilst intoxicated at 2 in the morning will get me lost for sure. I'll def. hit up the next event.


  • September 5, 2009 at 6:48 PM  

    Congrats on the anniversary! I haven't been following this blog for nearly that long but in the short time I have, it has pretty much become my favourite. Thanks!


  • September 11, 2009 at 2:00 PM  

    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  • September 14, 2009 at 3:07 AM  

    Happy Anniversary.


  • September 15, 2009 at 6:25 AM  

    Are you sure that's the Ron Hardy edit of Your Love?


  • September 16, 2009 at 7:15 AM  

    It's not the Ron Hardy edit, there's a snippet on boomkat : http://www.boomkat.com/media/swf/music/jackmasterhater-yourlove12-aa.swf


  • September 17, 2009 at 1:57 AM  

    I was misled by the original Trax LP I have that lists it as a Ron Hardy Edit. My bad.

    http://www.discogs.com/Various-Frankie-Knuckles-Presents-Music-Selected-And-Edited-By-Ron-Hardy/release/39703

    Maybe Ron can clear this confusion up seeing that he came back from the dead and commented on this post.


  • November 3, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

    dear sir please hook up the a-side of that rare as hell satellite 7".. youre the one has been KILLING ME!

    thanks for all the sweet posts.