Sunday, June 21, 2009

Preludes  



Please send more electro nu rave banger fidget remixes, we love them, and when I open the mail box and see thirty odd emails from teenagers trying to make it big with nothing more than a dream and a stolen ableton live serial number it brings a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. Then I delete them without listening to a single one and continue digging through to see if someone sent us something related to some deep disco joint they found, but alas, more electro promo. Not to criticise a genre, I'm not Beethoven or anything, what do I know, but still..

Anyhow, Prelude is good, what a great label:

Sharon Redd - Never Give You Up
Rochelle Fleming - Love Itch
D Train - Tryin' to Get Over
Vicki Sue Robinson - Hot Summer Night
Weeks & Co - Go With the Flow [Edit]
Sharon Redd - Love How You Feel
Bobby Thurston - Check Out the Groove [Edit]
Gayle Adams - Your Love Is a Lifesaver
Unique - What I Got Is What You Need
Visual - Somehow, Someway
D Train - "D" Train [Dub]


Speaking of nu rave, I'm a hypocrite as here is a heavy edit I did of some new wave dollar bin jam that doesn't sound far off. Loop it for five minutes, stick your name on it, don't give anyone credit and get internet famous kid. Prepare for my promo email in your inbox very shortly:

Black Shag - Factory

Posted by Black Shag | 10 comments

Labels: , , , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



10 comments: to “ Preludes


  • June 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

    12 tracks in one post! You're far too kind.
    Love Disco Dave


  • June 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

    Can we rechristen 'bangers' as 'clangers'? Its a more descriptive term I think. Electro nu wave fidget clanger.
    Prelude is my favourite label so thanks.I'll post my clanger remix of Sharon Redd soon.


  • June 22, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

    Prelude is indeed the best record label of all time. I have some Tony Humphries mastermixes coming down the line.


  • June 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

    "Love Itch" has to be one of the funniest song titles of all time.


  • June 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM  

    This comment has been removed by the author.


  • June 22, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

    I absolutely love D Train and Tryin' To Get Over is a new one for me! Incredible!


  • June 22, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

    Here's something for your inbox:

    http://www.zshare.net/audio/61737712d3f899ee/

    http://www.zshare.net/audio/617378304a5966c9/


  • June 23, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

    I'm all about those dollar bin jams!


  • June 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

    Hi im a guy of 31 from the netherlands that makes house music with a big wink to the french house wave of the late 90's. I guess the track i have send u half a year ago also ended up in the bin. But please take a look and listen on my myspace page, and maybe u like what u hear !

    http://www.myspace.com/hoodlumbreaks

    ow and i don't use ableton hahahaha (and got a proper record collection and studio gear)


  • June 27, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

    Purely positive blog. thanks guys. I am guessing Toshiki kadomatsu was a huge prelude fan