Thursday, June 18, 2009

I'm Going To Go  


"I'm Going To Go" by Jago is a synth masterpiece. The simple yet effective bass line stands out in front as the rest of the song grows around it. It's not a terribly complex song, each piece has its moment to shine and then sort of ducks back into the arrangement. What it is for me is just a wonderful display of melody and structure that really grooves on the dance floor. I prefer the instrumental to the vocal, which I feel is less over the top Italo. The 12" recorded here was released in 1983 on Full Time Records.

Jago - I'm Going To Go

Posted by T. Preston | 8 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



8 comments: to “ I'm Going To Go


  • June 18, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

    Jago rocks (as a girl on the picture! he he)

    I like also instrumental version but after many years of listening to Italo D, I started to like "vocal" version also! I don't know why? Maybe 'cause I heard it in some mix where it suited wery well! Same story goes for Scotch's Penguin Invasion (vocal)...For many years "only" instrumental and that's it - BUT - in some moment "vocal" just ran into my head and - rest is history... he he

    Anyway,

    thx for sharing Jago!

    Bye & regards


  • June 18, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

    Man that is really a good track. I hated the synth-happy 80's but this resembles more a deep groove sound...lovin it.


  • June 19, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

    Why is the track slowed down? I mean if you going to post something, do it right.


  • June 19, 2009 at 1:53 PM  

    Dear Anonymous,

    Do us a favor and start your own blog, give away tons of free music on your own time and "do it right". Until then, piss off.

    Cheers.

    - Beat Electric


  • June 19, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

    Dear Beat Electric,

    Bless

    Sincerely,
    Loving this track off and your reply above


  • June 20, 2009 at 4:36 AM  

    I'm such a big fan of this sound, thanks for posting Jago!!

    And it isn't slowed down, maybe this dude's pitchcontrols are off track, heh.

    Grtz


  • July 4, 2009 at 3:29 AM  

    This is a Frankie Knuckles mix/instrumental mix isn't it?
    Cheers BE.


  • July 8, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

    up until now I thought the Ones originally did this, great track, btw, love your blog,

    Thanks for Sharing
    Matt