Monday, March 02, 2009

I Dig You  

This is a big tune from a very big dude. Demis Roussos is an ethnic Greek via Egypt who played in a bunch of bands including the prog rock group Aphrodite's Child. Fellow bandmate, Vangelis (whose full name is Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou for those of you keeping track) arranged this and may other of Demis' tracks. Demis has had a very long career singing in every European language you can imagine, but most of that does not concern us. He came out with a great disco record in 1977 called Magic and a 1978 folow up self titled LP with the brilliant and highly saught after track L.O.V.E. Got Ahold Of Me. This rip comes from the French 7" of Mourir Aupres De Mon Amour (a tender panty dropper) where it is a B side.

I have added Who by Odyssey, which is the original version of the track. Odyssey was a one off project featuring Vangelis.

Demis Roussos - I Dig You
Odyssey - Who

Posted by Joel Brüt | 9 comments

Labels: , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



9 comments: to “ I Dig You


  • March 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM  

    This is damn sweet


  • March 3, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

    Yo LeBaron,
    I dig this site mucho. I don't know how you are about requests but I'm dying to hear Krystol's "You ask too much." Can't find it anywhere on the net or otherwise. Wicked and often overlooked electro-soul track.

    Philly Phil


  • March 3, 2009 at 10:18 PM  

    Humm, I don't know that one. here is their lazer soul hit 12" though:
    http://www.beardodisco.com/beatelectric/music/AfterTheDanceIsThrough.mp3


  • March 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM  

    Respect for the fatman! The guy couldn't dance at all, but he made such good dance tracks, incredible! It's a cover from Odyssey, by the way:
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Odyssey+(17)


  • March 4, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

    Yeah, I have the Odyssey version too from a space disco comp. I will add it when I get home. I had no idea that was a Vangelis joint too!


  • March 5, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

    The original version sounds much more 'progrock' than the one from Disco Demis. I'm very curious about that panty dropping a-side, by the way. It might be helpful... ;-)


  • March 6, 2009 at 5:25 AM  

    I dig you indeed is a great record. I've got in on mentioned Demis Roussos Magic LP :)


  • February 12, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

    Here is the You ask to much track
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nz4jo4ykerj


  • August 20, 2011 at 1:29 AM  

    whilst searching through my dad's loft last month found amongst other great records, a pristine version of Odyssey's 7" single. Who is good, Sad Face might be even better!