Thursday, May 22, 2008

If It Feels Good It's Alright!  


Abaco Dream was a one off project circa 1970 by Bay Area soul legend Sylvester Stewart AKA Sly and the Family Stone. Not much is known about the project, but it is assumed that it was a way to try out a different sound. This is funky soul tune is proto-disco at its best. It comes on with so much authority and kills. I have no idea what G and A stands for so if anyone does, please let us know.

mp3: Abaco Dream - Life And Death In G And A

Posted by Joel Brüt | 7 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ If It Feels Good It's Alright!


  • May 21, 2008 at 11:54 PM  

    Hey,

    Thanks a bunch man...I've only heard the Chairman of the Board version of this song. This is definitely raw!

    I was going to say, I think (or at least have assumed) that the "G&A" refers to musical notes/chords used in the song. I don't have perfect pitch but those two notes used for the "duh duh da duh da duh da duh da" sound like G & A chords respectively (and thats only two notes)...


  • May 22, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

    I was thinking that this might be the case, but I am hoping there is a more cryptic answer.


  • May 22, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

    Plenty, plenty, plenty or rarities on 45rpms...


  • May 24, 2008 at 8:33 AM  

    awwww man! i've been looking for this song since i lost it in a hard drive crash!

    do you by chance have the Joe Hicks version, too?


  • May 24, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

    I had no idea Joe Hicks covered the tune. I'll try to find it.


  • July 2, 2008 at 5:02 PM  

    ...or World Of Twist's?


  • January 30, 2012 at 2:12 PM  

    thanks for the preview...the chairmen of the board version (part 1) is one of my favorite songs of all time...had no idea the original is so raw!!!