Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Love Affair  

Starvue were a collective out of Chicago. The Upward Bound LP released in 1980 featured the slow burner single and 12 inch "Body Fusion" (which I am not going to share with you just yet as it is on a forthcoming mix that Black Shag and I have just completed) as well as the more upbeat "Love Affair". Released on the private label Midwest International Records, Upward Bound is a very sought after record and the Body Fusion 12 inch is even more rare. Credit has to be given to my friends at Lotus Land Records in Milwaukee as they turned up 15 sealed copies of the 12 inch and several of the LP a few years back. I managed to find my copy in a Chicago thrift store, but probably would have ignored it in the first place as the cover is arguably rather hideous (save the band name Starvue) and looks like a bad born again christian folk LP to me.

Starvue - Love Affair

Posted by Magnum | 4 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



4 comments: to “ Love Affair


  • May 20, 2008 at 8:33 PM  

    Good God ALMIGHTY! Nice score!


  • May 21, 2008 at 3:28 AM  

    I've got the LP & I've been playing "You & Me" alot recently. "Body Fusion" is a great track also.


  • May 29, 2008 at 1:02 AM  

    "You and Me" is another good one. Body Fusion is the jam for sure. Such a Soulful cut!


  • May 31, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

    Used to always play Body Fusion with For Real by Flowers. Another great cut at the same kind of tempo.