Thursday, November 22, 2007

Feel My Big Guitar  


Vaughan Mason is well known to many for giving us 1979's seminal roller-disco anthem "Bounce, Rock, Skate, Roll". What alot of people do not know is that Vaughan went on to become a proto-house pioneer in the mid to late 80's with his group Raze. In the time between those two periods Vaughan put out the sex-ed up, bouncy "Jammin' Big Guitar" single in 1981 and a fantastic EP with vocalist/ multi instrumentalist Butch Dayo called "Feel My Love" on Salsoul in 1983. "Feel My Love" has become quite sought after over the years and I am still trying to figure out who ran off with the copy I found at a bookstore in 2002. The cat food eating, hobbit-like creatures working at the store threatened to shoot me as I made out the door with my 50 cent copy of the record. Now all I have to show for it is this mp3 of the boogie classic "Party on the Corner".

mp3: Vaughan Mason "Jammin' Big Guitar"

mp3: Vaughan Mason & Butch Dayo "Party on the Corner"

Posted by Magnum | 1 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



1 comments: to “ Feel My Big Guitar


  • July 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM  

    Good to see folks still keepin the memorys from back in day day alive...thank you!