Sunday, November 14, 2010

Funk In Chi Town  


I just got in from Chicago this afternoon and I had a really great time. It is such a clean and beautiful city and I was blessed with mild weather. I tried to see as much of the city as I could but it is huge! It seems like each neighborhood is the size of SF. I was on foot, bus, and subway but didn't get a chance to ride the el. I met a lot of cool hipster foodies; ate and drank well. I also thought I was tanking my life in my hands when I went to this huge sports bar in Lincoln Park to see Congressman Pacquiao beat the crap out of the much bigger Margarito, but Chicagoans are civil people. I was working the most days, but I was able to break away and get a grip of records. I have posted a track that I picked up.

This J. Blackfoot cut came from the cool janky modern soul LP City Slicker, which is loaded with great basslines and synth work. Blackfoot is a bit of a swooner for my taste and has filled all spaces with this voice. This is a bummer because I would like to edit the tracks to make them less vocal heavy. It came out on Sound Town Records in 1983.

Also posted it an edit of one of my favorite party jamz. I have wanted to do this for a while and since my lady wants me to clean the house I finally got it done.

J. Blackfoot - Street Girl

Positive Force - We Got The Funk (LeBaron Edit)

Posted by Joel Brüt | 5 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ Funk In Chi Town