Thursday, December 17, 2009

You Like It, We Love It  

These are both amazing tracks by Southroad Connection, though I have to be honest my heart lies with "You Like It, We Love It". There's something infectious about it that inspires toe tapping and jauntiness whenever it plays. It's got such an upbeat style with all the ear candy and unique sounds that fly in throughout the song. The strings short strikes and sweeping sounds really shine and I think the percussive elements are genius.
"Just Layin' It Down" has very similar stylings, you can very clearly tell these two tracks are by the same artist. Though this one uses lots of fun laser sounds...you know we here at BE love lasers. Or, should I say lazers.

Posted by T. Preston | 6 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



6 comments: to “ You Like It, We Love It


  • December 17, 2009 at 11:41 PM  

    Just Layin It Down is sick. Thank you, amazing as always.


  • December 18, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

    I think you mean L.A.S.E.R.s (Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation).


  • December 27, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

    Yes pal! Sweet as always! NKH.


  • December 30, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

    Technically "S" but with any technology sent from the future it's ok to use a "Z".


  • December 31, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

    When I was 9 years old I heard 'Just Layin' It Down' in a record shop, and never forgot it. 30 years later I slapped an interesting-looking record on the preview turntable in another shop, and practically jumped out of my skin with recognition. Thank you so much for posting it; Everybody's always posting 'You Like It' without the (IMO) superior b-side.. :)


  • February 7, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

    2nd'd, b side wins as usual. great tunes either way, the kind of stuff i love to throw in my sets just to spice things up. keep up the good work BE.