Sunday, October 25, 2009


Its my day to post and I couldn't get to my recording rig, so I'm putting up an edit I did a while ago for a set that never happened that I just found on my mp3 player and put up from this borrowed computer. Paparazzi were a short lived British New Wave band that released a couple of singles on MCA before breaking up and having their debut album unfortunately shelved, although there is a bootleg recording of it floating around. Their 12" 'Stop' has some great synth work, I stripped out some of the vocal bridges and chorus lines to make it a little more compatible for contemporary dance floors, but still left the instrumental parts of the arrangement pretty much as was.

Posted by Black Shag | 7 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories

7 comments: to “ Paparazzi

  • October 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

    great to see you in on the edit game, andrew.

    you'll be releasing a badly mastered, white label 'black shag edits' 12" any day now !

    hope things are good for you in san fran.

    I'll send you over some new stuff from us.


  • October 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

    I've been going nuts about this track lately (the original). Downloading this now. Thanks for the remix! Such an overlooked song, so I am glad someone other than me is paying it some props.

    I'm gonna be putting up some comps of retro dance tracks on my blog soon. Come on by sometime.


  • October 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

    intelligent robots that play music

  • November 10, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

    sooo much funnnn

  • November 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

    hey black shag - are u the british guy?
    If so, just wanted to pick your brain about something -
    another brit in usa-

  • November 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

    Hey Delboy, Yeah I'm British. Send me an email at .


  • October 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

    Nice work - I was the keyboard player. I'm glad you like the track