Sunday, October 25, 2009

Paparazzi  


Its my day to post and I couldn't get to my recording rig, so I'm putting up an edit I did a while ago for a set that never happened that I just found on my mp3 player and put up from this borrowed computer. Paparazzi were a short lived British New Wave band that released a couple of singles on MCA before breaking up and having their debut album unfortunately shelved, although there is a bootleg recording of it floating around. Their 12" 'Stop' has some great synth work, I stripped out some of the vocal bridges and chorus lines to make it a little more compatible for contemporary dance floors, but still left the instrumental parts of the arrangement pretty much as was.

Posted by Black Shag | 7 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ Paparazzi


  • October 27, 2009 at 3:03 PM  

    great to see you in on the edit game, andrew.

    you'll be releasing a badly mastered, white label 'black shag edits' 12" any day now !

    hope things are good for you in san fran.

    I'll send you over some new stuff from us.

    john


  • October 28, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

    I've been going nuts about this track lately (the original). Downloading this now. Thanks for the remix! Such an overlooked song, so I am glad someone other than me is paying it some props.

    I'm gonna be putting up some comps of retro dance tracks on my blog soon. Come on by sometime.

    Respect,
    Derek


  • October 30, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

    intelligent robots that play music


  • November 10, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

    sooo much funnnn


  • November 13, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

    hey black shag - are u the british guy?
    If so, just wanted to pick your brain about something -
    another brit in usa-


  • November 13, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

    Hey Delboy, Yeah I'm British. Send me an email at beatelectric@gmail.com .

    BlackShag


  • October 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM  

    Nice work - I was the keyboard player. I'm glad you like the track