Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Planet Doesn't Mind  


The Planet Doesn't Mind
is an electro boogie cover of a classic new wave track by British group New Musik featuring Tony Mansfield of the Nick Straker Band. X-Visitors Hail from the South Bay, California and had one other release on their own imprint Dancing Bear Records entitled Hokey Pokey. I found my copy at an outdoor $1 record blow out in Redwood City, warped and beat to shit. Now, I don't really have any desire to upgrade this one, but I got a good enough rip and find the mp3 to be a pleasent listen on my ipoon.

I just found a decent rip of Hokey Pokey floating around the internets, so I have included it here as a bonus.

X-Visitors - The Planet Doesn't Mind (Club Remix)
X-Visitors- Hokey Pokey (Long Version)

Posted by Magnum | 8 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



8 comments: to “ The Planet Doesn't Mind


  • August 12, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

    I remember this song coming out when I was in college. I lived in San Mateo, CA, and this song had fairly heavy rotation on KQAK ("The Quake") for a couple of weeks after its release. Dancing Bear Records was owned by Diane Dragon who also owned a 2-store chain of dance music record stores called "Star Records." One was in San Jose, the other in San Mateo.

    Claude B.


  • August 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

    Claude,

    You are awesome for hooking up that info. Many Thanks! Diane Dragon also produced the track as well.

    Cheers!

    BT Magnum


  • August 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

    Do you put your 'metal leg in' or your 'middle leg in'?


  • August 14, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

    One more nerdy point...

    This group also became Rojas.

    Mexican High NR/Modern Soul. They also had two insanely rare singles on an imprint called AMB.


  • August 16, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

    AMAZING TRACKS! thanks


  • August 25, 2009 at 8:23 PM  

    I'll take it you went to Record Man. . .that owner has got some great hidden gems in that place.


  • August 28, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

    Didn't she also own the Star Records in San Francisco? That was a great store...


  • November 25, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

    The New Muzik version was the most in demand thing in San Jose when it came out. There were mixtapes floating around with it, but nobody could get the record. I know because I couldn't either. Star Records couldn't get it in stock, so they decided to make their own version. I don't think either version was as big a hit anywhere else in the world besides San Jose, but I could be wrong about that. Definitely the biggest frenzy about a song I've ever witnessed in all my years of buying records. I used to work for Diane at Star Records in the late 80's as a teenager, but had been a faithful shopper there since I was a kid in the late 70's. RIP Star Records and Dancing Bear Records.