Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dubbing in Sunshine  


This track is an amazing mix of Rockers Revenge by "Jellybean" Benitez and Arthur Baker on Streetwise Records in 1982. "Dubbing..." chugs along with spaced out vocals and synths from their chart hit "Walking on Sunshine". This is a great transitional track I often use to take a set a bit darker as it mixes so well with house or midtempo...it can really hold it's own dynamically with newer releases.

Rockers Revenge: Dubbing in Sunshine

Posted by T. Preston | 13 comments

Labels: , , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



13 comments: to “ Dubbing in Sunshine


  • May 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

    the jam of all jams. I love this track and have never heard this mix before, you just shocked me, and I'm a vet DJ millionaire from Europe.


  • May 15, 2009 at 5:00 AM  

    Niiiiiiiiice!


  • May 15, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

    Blasting off. Nice post.


  • May 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM  

    unbelievable, a version of rockers revenge's classic that i never heard before, thanks so much!


  • May 17, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

    Superb! Thanks!


  • May 17, 2009 at 6:50 PM  

    Cant remember this so looking forward to it; Like Jellybean from his cover of 'Was dog a donut.'


  • May 19, 2009 at 5:59 AM  

    Yeah! never heard that one, is it available on wax? Visit us (opuspusdopus.blogspot.com)
    Cheers


  • May 19, 2009 at 8:49 AM  

    Awesome tune anyways; I had heard it and completely was blown away that I had forgotten it-

    top bollocks.


  • May 19, 2009 at 11:38 AM  

    Hi, thanks for all the amazing comments! To answer a question from La Flint, this is available on vinyl. The version I have that is posted here is this one, http://www.discogs.com/Rockers-Revenge-Featuring-Donnie-Calvin-Sunshine-Partytime/release/19142
    Enjoy!
    - Kelley


  • May 22, 2009 at 4:25 AM  

    oh my god, i love listening to the gems you pull out. this one is going right next to my setsasonic-talking all that jazz,. the only reference i had of this track was a mix tape of dj recloose, off kiss fm, in 98, who would have thought i would ever find this track ever again. and its lasted longer than my worn out tape of his set in melbourne..

    keep on digging. my ears are open... just for you.
    dj adsphoe


  • November 18, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

    Hi

    I never ear this version (sorry for my englis... It's too bad).

    But i like so much.
    ¿It's a your oun version?
    Exist this version in vinil??


  • March 10, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

    Thats what I love about Beat Electric, no matter how many times I visit, I can guarantee I will discover something I have been fruitlessly hunting for and the Jellybean/Baker remix of Walking On Sunshine has been on my "track down before you die" list for eons so huge thanks for this...must be over 25 years since I heard it last!

    I really think the Madonna association overshadows the huge contribution Jellybean made to eighties electronic dance music. This track, his rework of Babe Ruth's The Mexican (and his genius move to use the original vocalist to re-record the track) and of course his take on "Was Dog A Doughnut" are as good as any electro classic of the same time period.

    Found a really cool 1979 interview with a very young Jellybean from a New York TV station, well worth five minutes of anyone's attention:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ5bpjCjv80


  • April 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM  

    hi! only recently discovered your blog... but what a great blog it is! "dubbing in sunshine" - what a great track... my vinyl want list keeps getting longer every time I get on the internet... thanks for putting me onto some great music...!