Saturday, February 21, 2009

More JIVE Rhythm Trax  



Ok, I recorded this entire album twice as I suffered a grand technical failure the first time around, and as such the evening is wasting away so I'm going to keep this short so I can make my rendesvous.

Many of you may be familiar with the popular dark electro classic '112 BPM' . It came from this album, More Jive Rhythm Trax, the follow up to the equally sought after (but not quite as deadly in my opinion) Jive Rhythm Trax. A series of albums produced by Jive records consisting of dark, dubby instrumental covers or 'versions' of popular electro and new wave tracks of the day. I have three albums in this series, one with a blue cover, this one with a red cover, and one with a yellow cover entitled something like Jive Scratch Trax. They were all intended to be used as DJ tools, and might be the first example of a mass produced record purely intended as a utility for DJ'ing. I find them all amazing.

If you can, try and spot the original inspirations for these instrumentals:

S.M.U.R.F. mp3
112 B.P.M. mp3
129 B.P.M. mp3
112 B.P.M. mp3
120 B.P.M. mp3
101 B.P.M. mp3
116 B.P.M. mp3
116 B.P.M. mp3

Posted by Black Shag | 11 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



11 comments: to “ More JIVE Rhythm Trax