Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BT Magnum and Lebaron Present: Funkacise '09  


After an inspirational MLK eve opening for Boyz II Men followed by an impromptu set at the Sweater Funk party, (Thanks Jon and Guillermo) Le Baron and myself set out to make a new mix at the Joel Vuitton ranch due east of the SF Bay Area. We purposely didn't put very much thought into this in an attempt to give it a live feel. We simply hit record, grabbed some joints from our respective DJ bags, and went one for one on LeBaron's tweaked up Bozak mixer. The end result is "Funkacise", the first Beat Electric mix of 2009.

The Tracklist:

1. Rene & Angela - I'll Be Good (Special Instrumental Mix)
2. Vernon Burch - Do It To Me
3. Serena - Get Your Body Up (Instrumental)
4. Funkacise Gang - Funkacise (Instrumental)
5. Starshine - All I Need Is You (Instrumental)
6. Stone - Time (Instrumental)
7. Unique - What I Got Is What You Need
8. Karen Silver - Nobody Else
9. Wrecking Crew - You Don't Care
10. Patrice Rushen - Get Off
11. Arlana - You Can't Keep Breaking My Heart (Instrumental)
12. Billy Ocean - Night (Feel Like Getting Down)
13. Carol Shinnette with the Concrete Band - Cyanide Love
14. The Bang Gang - Street Music (Instrumental)
15. China Burton - You Don't Care (About Our Love) (Instrumental)
16. Lucy Hawkins - Gonna Get Out Of Here
17. Ahzz - New York's Movin' (Instrumental)
18. John Davis & The Monster Orchestra - Love Magic
19. Larry Jon Wilson - Melt My Igloo
20. Crosby, Stills & Nash - Dark Star

BT Magnum and LeBaron - Funkacise Mix

Posted by Magnum | 19 comments

Labels: ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



19 comments: to “ BT Magnum and Lebaron Present: Funkacise '09


  • January 27, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

    Splendid thanks for this !

    Straight in my iPod !


  • January 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM  

    You guys rock!

    Looked for that Billy Ocean record for years, then found two copies at Amoeba a few weeks back. Was it recently repressed or bootlegged?

    And you played Dark Star!!


  • January 28, 2009 at 5:48 AM  

    Great indeed !

    Straight in my Zune !


  • January 28, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

    I don't know if that Billy Ocean track has been repressed. I was on the hunt for it for a while before I found it and shelled out a $20 for it. I probably could have found it cheaper though.


  • January 29, 2009 at 1:04 PM  

    mix looks dope, jealous as hell of that bozak too. keep up the good work folks.

    the billy ocean joint was recently released (edited, perhaps unnecessarily) by discolexic

    http://www.discogs.com/Discolexic-Discolexic-Edits-Vol-3/release/1433640


  • January 29, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

    I like 'Stay The Night' off the Nights (Feel Like Getting Down) album too. Funny as I found a sort of beaten copy of the lp at record store down the street from the office only a month or so ago, best score of the day.


  • January 29, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

    All of this talk of Billy Ocean is well and good, but let's get back to the real jam here, "Dark Star!"


  • January 29, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

    The joint for me on this mix is the Serena track that BT dropped. It is so raw!


  • January 29, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

    I must say, that the best mix of my life is at 1:00:54


  • January 30, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

    Fantastic mix!
    Please, please put this up separately (:

    Funkacise Gang - Funkacise (Instrumental)

    It would really make my day


  • January 30, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

    Tracklist looks very nice...
    Download in proces... :)

    Check out a 80's Mix I did last year...Tunes like SOS Band, BBQ Band etc

    More-Ice - Dreamin' About The 80's

    http://www.zshare.net/download/545875054244d272/


  • January 30, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

    I will post funkacise next week> I will include the workout version too so you can get in shape to the beat.


  • February 4, 2009 at 12:23 PM  

    funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

    thank you.

    -Melissa


  • February 8, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

    Thrilling mix, really great!!


  • February 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

    Amazing SET!!!!!!!!
    T-H-I-`-S A REALLY G-R-O-O-V-E!!!!!
    Thank for a work and posting!!!!


  • November 17, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

    I'm really late on this mix, but I just grabbed it and rocking it at work. Real heat here.


  • February 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

    Any chance you could post this tune China Burton - You Don't Care (About Our Love) (Instrumental)?


  • March 2, 2011 at 12:23 AM  

    Doubtful since my copy got lifted off of the train in Belgium.


  • February 23, 2014 at 8:38 PM  

    This post is now missing the mix. The link is to the single track only. Hopefully you can re-up the mix please!