Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mr Morse  


I'm on my travels right now. I spent a couple of days in New York on my way to the UK and picked up a few records I'll post later down the road. I got into London this morning and I feel terrible, the red eye flight was full of loud holiday shopping fashionistas, and am now all the more depressed after catching half an episode of 'Eastenders'. Yet tomorrow is a new day, I haven't been record digging in the UK in a couple of years, and its the season of giving so in that spirit I'm going to put up a deep and sought after European soulful disco 45 that you don't come accross often.

I can't tell you much about S.O.S by Mr. Morse And His New Alphaband, this was recorded from the Italian 7", although I heard there is also a Spanish released 7". The instrumental was even reused by EMI Italy for a local male crooners backing track, but not quite to the same effect. I do know it was an early effort of Franco Italian producer Albert Weyman, who has a pretty great myspace page, a look at his photos is a must. Its nice to hear middle aged pros from the deep funk scene are making credible euro trance: http://www.myspace.com/albertweyman

My copy came from a reclaimed jukebox out of a forgotten Americana themed coffee shop in northern Italy and cost me three shillings:

Mr. Morse And His New Alphaband - S.O.S. I'm In Love

Posted by Black Shag | 10 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



10 comments: to “ Mr Morse


  • December 22, 2008 at 9:53 AM  

    The woman who sings, isn't she the one from Belle Epoque? It sounds like her anyway.


  • January 7, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

    thank you. still a great blog. keep 'em coming!


  • January 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

    That Sound Workshop mixer is really making me salivate!


  • January 31, 2009 at 10:08 AM  

    its cropsy from dollarbinjams i love this joint


  • February 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

    Funny ! everybody was after this record 8 or 9 years ago in paris it was very expensive, it's cut only in 7" isn't it ?


  • February 8, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

    I have seen a couple of Italian 7" pressings and a Spanish 7" . The instrumental was reused by EMI Italy as the backing to a famous crooner song, but it doesn't really work and the instrumental is low in the mix.


  • February 21, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

    just spun this track last night, crowd flipped a shit. you're blog is continually solid, thanks.


  • May 13, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

    Wow! Im in love with this site!!! Great great stuff.


  • January 26, 2011 at 12:53 AM  

    @black shag // do you know the photographer from this great picture?


  • January 26, 2011 at 11:59 PM  

    I don't know who took the photo, I stole it from somewhere, that no doubt stole it from somewhere else etc etc and the credit for who took the shot was lost along the way. A pity. I love looking at the strange mixture of party goers in the crowd.