Saturday, October 25, 2008

Partytime Records  

Partytime records was a spin off label of the legendary Streetwise record label, Arthur Baker's brain child where he served as chief a&r and talent scout. He had a good ear and always heeded my advice and for this he was rewarded loot and immortality. Partytime was a reasonably self descriptive name for the sublabel, it's output was exclusively dance floor heavey although varying from synthy modern soul to electro hip hop in genre.

These are my two favorite cuts from Partytime. Pushe's Don't Take Your Love Away, and Citispeak's I Don't Need Your Handouts. Both are synth laden uptempo boogie, of the sort which has tended to make up the lion's share of my set recently, one female vocal led and the other male. I heard the Jeanne Harris vocal described as 'sour', but thats part of it's charm:

Citispeak - I Don't Need Your Handouts
Pushe - Don't Take Your Love Away

Posted by Black Shag | 2 comments

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



2 comments: to “ Partytime Records


  • October 27, 2008 at 3:22 AM  

    I don't need no handouts is a top top tune thanks. whoever described the vocal as sour must have cloth ears. great blog thanks again paul


  • November 6, 2008 at 3:44 AM  

    Supa blog as usual!

    'I Don't Need your/no Handouts' is indeed a great-o boogie tracks!

    Back to 1983!