Saturday, June 28, 2008

Toney Lee, the classic instrumentals  


I spent ages looking for a picture of Toney Lee, I found the cover image of his latest gospel album from a couple of years back, I found a bunch of pictures of a chinese physics professor, and so on, so I ended up opting for a picture of Man City setting up to score on Norwich FC in 1977. None of these instrumental versions were recorded in 1977, Toney Lee has no doubt never even visited the fine city of Norwich, but I was just looking at the picture earlier so decided to use it. I'm in the market for a 1977/78 season Norwich shirt, size medium, do please hit me up.

Posted by Black Shag | 7 comments

Labels: , ,

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



7 comments: to “ Toney Lee, the classic instrumentals


  • June 29, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

    did you search for pics while properly spelling his name?

    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Toney+Lee

    both of these dubs/instrumentals are huge dancefloor jams for me, been killing it for years now. "love so deep" especially....


  • June 29, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

    ah, there you go, of course, I had simply spelled his name wrong. I won't use that as justification for pulling the Norwich City pic down though.

    I agree, these intrumentals are not really rarities, they are just essentials.


  • June 29, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

    seems as though the "love so deep" one is getting pretty hard to find, i grabbed 3 copies of it for myself back when they were plentiful in pittsburgh. now a bunch of people i know are looking for it with no luck. "reach up" got booted a couple years back, i think that is why demand for that one is a little less.


  • July 1, 2008 at 1:07 AM  

    Shag, it's the Man City shirt you need ;-)


  • July 2, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

    The instrumentals are the best.

    I used to do pause button edits of those tracks back when i was young.

    The basslines are what do it for me


  • May 14, 2009 at 10:13 PM  

    Eric Matthew proves again that he is the man!


  • October 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

    And now the acapella's please ;)