Saturday, December 29, 2007

Komiko - Feel Alright  


Komiko's Feel Alright has become a minor bone of contention in the Beat Electric camp, of which much like any family we have many. It is another instance of one B.E. DJ lifting a long term favorite jam from another (namely myself) and then flagrently playing it out during one of our joint sets before I have even had the chance to open my bag and get a drink from the bar. Is it just me or isn't that considered bad DJ etiquette?

Well, its not as if the track is rare by any means, its almost a standard of the boogie cannon, but thats as it should be as it is in my opinion the SAM label's best release..and without further adeu..

Komiko - Feel Alright

Posted by Black Shag | 5 comments

Labels:

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



5 comments: to “ Komiko - Feel Alright


  • January 5, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

    i don't think the komiko is the best sam record (not sure off the top of my head which one i would pick though), but it is the jam.

    nice blog, im linking to you from my blog. you're posting up all kinds of my jams, joints i've been banging out. if you start revealing some of my secret weapons, there may be a fist fight ;)


  • January 19, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

    i love this, it's irresistible! dayum!


  • February 6, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

    Pipecock, it ain't Sam's best, says the big expert: try "Let's Do It" (Convertion, 1980), "This Beat is Mine," (Vicky D, 1981), "Love Magic" (John Davis and the "Monster" Orchestra, 1979), "Beggin' For More" (Monica Neal, 1982) and "When Love Is New" (Arthur Prysock with John Davis and the "Monster" Orchestra on Sam's "Old Town" subsidiary, 1977)

    Oops almost forgot Sam's biggest, "Keep On Dancin'" (Gary's Gang," also on Columbia Records, 1978).

    But...back to your assessment of Komiko, which is astute even though I disagree.

    Have you or anyone else reading this noticed the extreme similarity between this obscurity and MADONNA's first hit, "Everybody," from later in '82? A total ripoff from beginning to end in a higher key, I tells' ya!

    Komiko, whoever you are, I hope you read this and understand that some of us know the truth about you, Madonna, and SAM Records, the "little engine who could" behind the majors who ran so hard along with Salsoul, Prelude and West End.

    Thanks for your post, pipecock!


  • April 23, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

    Don't forget Mike & Brenda Sutton's "We'll Make It" for a real sweet-sounding jammer (so similar to "I'm in Love" by Evelyn King).

    Also love the RHYZE 12" and the Wikka-rap.

    REW in Tokyo


  • April 23, 2009 at 9:51 PM  

    Nice ones, I think we should post those soon.